Sunday, April 13, 2014

Hiking

Growing up, I remember noticing that some of my peers had hobbies with their families. Definitely not all, but some. Hobbies such as shooting, horseback riding, surfing, rappelling, dirt biking, or rock climbing. All hobbies that can be enjoyed by a variety of ages.
I have always thought it would be fun to have a family hobby. Something we all look forward to and can use to bond together. Something we can plan trips around and will never get old.
Well, Clynn and I have finally discovered and declared our family hobby!

We are Hikers! 

Together, Clynn and I have been on about...Five notable hikes together. Oh boy, do I wish I had pictures of these. One hike we decided we were going camping around 5:00 in the afternoon. By the time we got packed and to the trail on Mt. Rainier, it was about 9:00 at night. Pitch dark with flashlight, backpacks, and puppies in tow, we hiked about three miles in, set up our tent and woke up in one of the most beautiful places I had ever been. "On Mt. Rainier?! No way," I thought. Mt. Rainier had been in my backyard all this time. Who knew such beautiful places existed just a small trip away from me. I didn't need to get on a plane, or road trip all day and all night to feel as if I'd escaped.
Sense then, we've randomly come upon a few hikes such as this. Not many...considering how long we've been together now. We've averaged about one a year. 

But that's about to change!
and this is our goal

Thursday, we hiked. Saturday, we hiked. and today....we can hardly walk. <3

Our hike yesterday was the first one I got to document with photos. We hiked a trail known as "Poo Poo Point" on Tiger mountain. The unique part about this hike, is that the summit is also a launching point for parasailers! It's approximately four miles up and four miles down....as long as you don't take the wrong trail down and end up walking along the highway back to your parking spot for an extra couple miles...
We were privileged to share this adventure with some good friends of mine and Clynn's! Justin and Christine. Some of you might remember Justin from mine and Clynn's wedding! Him and I went to AIT together, bonded over our long distance relationships (him with Christine, and I with Clynn), and have been friends ever sense! Turns out he's a pretty big nerd (thank goodness), so Clynn and him get along great! ;D 
Enough talking. Here are some fun photos.

Part way there...

SUMMIT

My way too handsome husband looking pretty dead!

Summit Picnics are the best!



<3 Christine & Justin <3


Clynn, "Why are you taking so many pictures?!"
Jaclynn, "BECAUSE WE'RE NOT PHOTOGENIC!! 
I have to take a million to get two or three decent ones..."
...getting a flattering one didn't really happen, 
but I at least captured the emotion of the moment.

This life doesn't have to be all about facing difficulties head on. 
We were designed to have joy and that's what these moments are all about.
Now, to keep 'em coming!

P.S. I challenge my readers to discover their own perfect family hobby! 
& you're more than welcome to steal ours! ;)







No comments:

Post a Comment