Wednesday, January 28, 2015

37 Weeks

I'd like to apologize for the photo quality throughout this whole post. =P
The trick is not waiting until there is no day light...
or giving up your phone to your husband on days you really want good pictures...
Thanks for trying Clynn! <3

How far along? 37 weeks. FULL TERM! Baby is the size of a watermelon and if born today, would need NO medical assistance! He weighs about SIX POUNDS and is measuring around 19.13 inches long. His lungs are fully developed and his ability to maintain body temperature has been established! If I went into labor TODAY there would be no need for alarm and our midwife would be able to help us deliver him safely. 

Current due date: February 18, 2015 

Total weight gain: 23 lbs! 

Maternity clothes? Yep! (refer to previous update for wardrobe details.) Also, wearing white makes me feel fancy and I know I should enjoy it while I can! ;) THANKS MOM for the new shirt!

Stretch marks? Officially, yes. =( I have one about an inch long just out of my sight under my belly. I can't complain too much, I know I've still had it pretty good! Still rubbing Belly Balm on my belly, hips, and thighs twice a day and trying to stay as hydrated as possible!

Miss anything? I tried to do a push up today...I can't believe I was pumping out 25 in my first trimester. Trust you me, you lose that skill pretty quickly if you can't keep up with it. I had to stop doing push ups pretty early because of my hernia. Also, I had to lay down and get up from the bed in the midwives office a few times last night and I felt like I had had a full abdominal work out by the time we left...oh boy. haha. So, yes. I miss push ups and sit ups. Squats? I'm still a beast at squats. So that's nice.

Movement: Tons as always. He sure is strong! I have literally had dreams where he kicks his foot clear through my belly. The weird thing? In these dreams, I'm not even surprised. 

Food cravings: WATER. I'm pretty sure it's my prenatals that make me so thirsty! (An appreciated side effect sense it gets me to drink more water.) Also, kit kats. Something about the texture. CRUNCH CRUNCH. and APPLE SAUCE! I've been eating like a cup of applesauce every evening. Mmm. 

Labor Signs: Lots and lots of Braxton hicks. We talked about what to look for and preparing for the baby to 'drop' at my appointment last night. We'll be watching!

Belly Button in or out? Half out half in. 

Wedding rings on or off? On. DRINK WATER!!! (and watch the salt.) Being able to get adequate rest and keep from being on my feet too long probably helps a ton too. I have been enjoying my morning naps. 


Best moments of the past three weeks: 
  • I got to spend a week in Eastern Wa with my Mom, Dad, and baby sister. It was such a nice relaxing get away to help the time go by while Clynn and I are waiting to move into our new place. They all spoiled me rotten with fancy chocolate trips, lots of baby shopping, endless produce, and a big bed in a guest room all to myself. The puppies came along and I'm pretty sure they thought they were in Disney Land with an acre to run on, other puppies to play with, new dog treats to try, and getting to share the guest bedroom with me. They were so happy! I love getting time to spend with my youngest sister sense I moved out when she was still quiet young. It's nice to get the chance to have some sister bonding with her. :)
Chocolate Shop! Mmmm
You fill up a box yourself and then get rung up by weight.
They used to do flat rate boxes where you can have whatever you can fit in a certain size box for a set price. My mom said people (Like my Dad) were too good at packing those, 
so they had to stop doing that. hahaha

My Benny-Max was absolutely pooped every evening. <3
(That's their basketball toy (thanks baby David!) 
they managed to un-stuff in about 5 minutes.)

  • THE BABY SHOWER was so much fun!!! We had it on the 24th (last Saturday). THANK YOU to everyone who came! Thank you for the awesome company and all the help getting things ready for baby boys arrival. I love reading through all of your newborn tips and encouraging advice. :) Thanks to all of you, we are now set on Honest Diapers for the first couple months, have some very cute items to help decorate his space, have enough clothes to significantly help us through his first year of life, AND we were able to use gift cards to gather some basic needs and groceries for our new apartment! I can't thank you all enough!! :)

My Dad & I post shower. :)
He came up to help set up and took off 
to the weapons store during the party. 

  • Pregnancy wise, our last couple appointments with our midwife have been very surreal. We now meet with her once a week. Exchanging emergency contact numbers, practicing laboring positions, discussing our birth plan/vision, going over infant care...Mine and Clynn's appointments with her are making this all very real very fast. It's so nice to see Clynn get involved at the appointments. I can tell how excited he is while we are there and I eat up every minute. :)
  • I seriously went crazy OCD cleaning our car on Monday. I'm talking a three hour deep clean that ended with spit and Qtips. This nesting thing is for real ya'll!!! And my car looks/smells amazing. :) I thought about calling my NCOIC to come do an inspection on it, I felt that confident. All ready to install the car seat! (Still hoping Clynn will have some time to shampoo the seats before then!)
  • All the baby clothes/blankets have been specially washed and packed to go over to the apartment.
  • Pregger walks with Clynn & the puppies!!! <3 We have had a few uncharacteristically sunny days the past week and I always try and bribe Clynn to join me for a couple miles around the neighborhood. :)
Looking forward to: 
  • MOVING IN ON FRIDAY!!! I can't wait to get everything set up and share some photos of our new home! It's SO CUTEE!!! (New carpet always wins me over.)
  • More nesting.
  • Getting ahead on my school work so I can relax and focus on the apartment next week. 
  • Meeting the Mister. 


Love,
The Wilkinson's

No comments:

Post a Comment