Wednesday, December 31, 2014

33 Weeks!


How far along? 33 weeks. Baby is the size of a pineapple and if he were born today, would need very little medical assistance! Our little Mr. weighs a tad over FOUR POUNDS and is measuring around 17 inches long.

Current due date: February 18, 2015 (Can I also just quickly state that Valentine's Day has been my FAVORITE holiday sense I was 17?? <3 <3 <3 I secretly hope he's here in time for me to have TWO Valentine's this year.)

Total weight gain: Just under 20 lbs! The holidays sure helped out here. ;) So many treats and now it's time to push the veggies and watch the sugar!

Maternity clothes? Yep! Still mixing and matching. I have one pair of pre pregnancy jeans that still work well with the Belly Belt, one pair of maternity jeans from MAMA Maternity at H&M, aaaand cough *%&*five*&%* cough pairs of black fold over leggings from Victoria's Secret. I was gifted a couple maternity shirts from Old Navy that I LOVE!! (NICE work Emelia & Lisa!) It was so nice to get something cute and new to wear when I was feeling so close to the end I didn't want to buy anything new just to wear for a month or two. Now I know, if you've hit 30 weeks and things are getting tight, THERE IS STILL ENOUGH TIME that you definitely should go buy a few new shirts. hahaha I'm getting 1-2 wears a week out of my maternity clothes and I feel the $10-$15 per shirt will be well spent by the time baby is here!

Stretch marks? Still no! Seriously getting antsy on this topic. =/ Mr. is supposed to gain 1/2 pound per week this month! Still rubbing Belly Balm on my belly, hips, and thighs twice a day and trying to stay as hydrated as possible!



Best moments of the past three weeks: 

  • Of course Christmas with Clynn's family was so much fun! I'll hopefully be doing a post on that next. :) I have to collect pictures from everyone's phones because I was not very good about taking any. =/ 
  • Even though I didn't get to talk to my brother in Holland, I was very aware of my nephews second birthday that happened a couple weeks ago! I can't believe he's two and I am so excited to see them again hopefully sooner than later. :) His momma is due a day before me with baby #2, a sweet little GIRL!!, and I am just so excited for them. :D
  • I do have to say, pregnancy wise, the most fun experience the past three weeks has been being able to feel the Mr's individual parts now. It's not just a kick or a roll anymore. We can see (and sometimes grab! haha) a little foot or pat his bony hiney. I can feel when he stretches out his tiny hands or nuzzles his head into my groin. Yeah, it's pretty CRAZY being able to see that there is actually a fully formed little person in there! Clynn is so amazed, he likes to tell people how insane it is. hahaha Clynn mostly feels feet, knees, and hiney. 

Miss anything? Oh boy....haha. I miss my ribs not burning when I sit up too long. My body is really happiest standing, laying, or reclined. Just sitting up is hard! I'm definitely not a big fan of feeling my belly on my thighs when I sit. hahaha...hard not to feel ginormous with your beach ball belly on your legs...I miss only waking up once in the night and then going back to bed easily. I now wake up three or four times every night and two or three of those times take some tossing and turning to get back to sleep. (Poor hubby.)

Movement: Tons as always. I can feel his bones getting harder! (Pushing those calcium supplements!)

Food cravings: WATER. If I'm thirsty it's pretty serious and I don't wait it out if we're out and about. If I have to pay $4 for a bottle of water...it's probably happening. Not so much a craving, but an aversion, I've been not so happy with meat/eggs/dairy lately. Just super unappealing which is nice to be getting back to my regular self. As always, I've been eating way too much peanut butter (YUUMM) and have actually been downing quiet a bit of honey every day! I like it with my tea in the morning, mixed into my oatmeal, on top of my toast, used as a main ingredient in my attempts at healthier baking...I would happily switch it out for Agave, I'm sure, just haven't gone to pick any up yet. :)


Have you started to show yet? Yep! I think the family is secretly loving that I can't hide him any more ;) 

Gender: Little Dude

Labor Signs: Still a lot of Braxton hicks. Nothing too painful, just varying levels of uncomfortable. 

Belly Button in or out? Half out half in...seriously the weirdest belly button ever. lol

Wedding rings on or off? On. :) And for the millionth time, didn't Clynn do an AWESOME job?! Over four years sense he put it on my finger and I still get caught oggling this beauty. (I'm feeling a little sentimental because today is mine and Clynn's FIVE YEAR dating anniversary!) What I love most is that he designed it just for me. <3 Engagement and wedding sets are my favorite to look at. If we've met, you can guarantee I've scoped yours out and could match wedding sets to people way before I could match names to people. lol (the third band was from my deployment, known as my "distance band" to represent all of the time we have (and will) spent/spend apart, but will always be together.)



Looking forward to: 
  • Baby shower January 24th! I'll send out invites late next week and if I forget you and you don't get an invite PLEASE ASK or feel free to show up with someone you know is going. haha There's no one I want to intentionally leave out. :) 
  • My last drill weekend before baby comes! (mid Jan.)
  • Mine and Clynn's FIVE YEAR dating anniversary tonight! <3
  • Winter quarter classes starting on MONDAY! OH MY!!!
  • Moving in a few weeks! (apartment hunting has been interesting. haha Can't wait for the search to be over. I seriously put a ton of thought into our final decision every time we move and sometimes it doesn't really seem to make a difference at all...=/)
  • New Bed shopping
  • More Baby shopping and crafting! 
I want to share a few of my favorite outfits!!!
(Only a few because I want some to be a cute surprise 
when I am posting way too many photos of him on the blog in just SEVEN WEEKS! ;)
(Baby H&M is clearly my favorite and 
of course Carter's is a great go-to. 
I am excited to shop more small businesses in the future.)

So far, THIS will be his coming home outfit!! <3

Some Baby Shower Gift Notes:
We've put a hold on most shopping until after the baby shower so we can just fill in the final things we need. :) Here is a link to our baby registry at Target if you want to check it out. You can also just search "Jaclynn Wilkinson" and I'm the only one! :) I'm pretty picky about what products I'll use on and around my baby, so if you don't recognize an ingredient or the ingredient list is a mile long...I'll probably re-gift it! Also, we are GOOD TO GO on bottles, diaper bags, binkies (if you are looking for the most natural/nontoxic option, check out Natursutten & ecopiggy! I can't wait to use these! <3), and newborn/0-3 month clothes! We are in need of clothes sizes 3months and up, swaddle/regular blankets, burp cloths, scratch mittens, hats, bibs, any size newborn or size 1 (only) Honest Company Diapers, and Earth's Best Organic Sensitivity Infant Formula. Those would all be FANTASTIC gifts! <3 We are only asking for size newborn and size 1 Honest diapers because starting in March or April, we will be receiving a month supply of diapers every month, so chances are, if you buy a larger size, they will go unused or be regifted!

Love,
The Wilkinson's

No comments:

Post a Comment