Monday, March 10, 2014

Life in Renton

We have been living in Renton, Wa for about four months now. We were so ready for a new scene and excited about my new job and Clynn getting to move closer to the UW.


Now, to be honest, we just miss Puyallup!!!
They say "you don't know what you have until it's gone" and in our case, that was absolutely true when it came to what city we were living in. We miss our regular dog park, my old hot yoga studio, the clean streets, the homey and classic, yet modern feel of down town. We miss the friendly passer byers, our old ward, and the laid back suburban life style.


However, we do have ten months left here, just minutes from the heart of Seattle, and we plan on having fun in the meantime! I've transferred my yoga practice to Seven Hot Yoga. It's about a three minute drive from our apartment and the teachers are really nice. I asked the owner a question one day and ended up getting a ten minute one on one session specific to my technique needs. Awesome! Also, the prices are way lower than my studio in Puyallup. I prefer the type of heat at Hot Yoga Inc. but this studio is way more intimate. Give and take. :)


Clynn has found a game store not far from our new apartment that has tournaments on Tuesday nights. He even placed first in a Magic The Gathering tournament a few weeks ago! This place gets PACKED with all kinds of nerds on Tuesday nights. I can only imagine the kinds of conversations that go on inside, but I'm happy he's found something local and fun to do!



In the next ten months, Clynn will graduate, I will continue to work my hiney off, and we will establish financial grounds to hopefully purchase a home in Puyallup, Wa in 2015!



I suspect it may take one more round of a 6 month renting contract after this location, but becoming first time home buyers is certainly in our near future and we plan on planting roots in Puyallup.

That's our update!
Love,
Clynn & Jaclynn Wilkinson

No comments:

Post a Comment