Monday, March 24, 2014

The Best Birthday Weekend

My Birthday weekend began when i got off work Friday at 3:30! :) It had been a very nice easy day at the shop. Then, I went home waiting on a call from my little sister who was coming over to Seattle for a swing dance competition!
While waiting, I thought I would soak some time away in the hot tub...where I had the frog incident of which I don't care to elaborate on again. I also got the chance to catch up with my best friend and only non blood/marriage related sister in the whole world. Mariah Nedrow and I go WAY back. We have pretty much nothing in common and it doesn't make sense for us to be friends. So, instead, we are sisters. We love each other unconditionally, and there is nothing that could break us up. Some how, we know how to give each other great advice, not based on our own knowledge about life, but based on how well we know each other. Our connection is a rare one, and I wouldn't trade it for the world!



(Even though she killed our pet stick bug while I was away saving Guatemala.)


Also, our birthdays are two days apart. So we're twins. 

After getting off the phone with her, I finally got the call from my little sister. She needed me to pick her up at a ballroom in Redmond. I thought I would just pull up and she'd be standing there, but oh no! I parked and entered the building where I walked in on one of the most fun little shindigs I'd ever laid eyes on!!


It was pushing midnight and this crowd looked like they were just getting started! Tucked away in a bunch of ware house style buildings was this little ballroom full of people preparing for Saturdays competition. There was an AWESOME live band and the room was BOOMING with talent. So much fun.

The next morning, we groggily got up after about six hours of sleep and got ready for a long day of dancing and adventures! We dropped off the girls (Debbi and her friend, Claire, who we adored getting to know!) at the ballroom in Seattle. Clynn and I stayed to watch for a bit as they warmed up and got registered.


Then, Clynn and I decided to go out for some food and hang out at the butterfly house at the Pacific Science Center. The last (and first) time I had gone, the girls I nanny we're pretty anxious to leave when they realized how humid it was inside. Clynn and I on the other hand, would be happy to build a house in the middle of the blessed weather. <3



Later that evening, we picked up some members of Debbi's dance team, Triple Thread, 
and showed the group of suburban dwellers the sights of Seattle!

This is Debbi's current dance partner, Eric. 
Clynn and him had allot in common! 
They spent about an hour in 'the nerd store' (Brain Age).

Debbi and I Seattle shopping!

SO SO SO happy with how well this photo turned out.
Debbi, her sweet friend Claire, Eric, and Levi. 
We had such a blast with this group!!

The infamous gum wall....it's gross and unsanitary
but everyone loves it.

Here's a picture of me with a giant...thing at the Chinese restaurant we went to for dinner.
I was the only one who wanted a picture with it...can't imagine why.

We took the team back to their evening dance and Clynn and I went to watch a bike polo game! We didn't even know the sport existed or that people could ride bikes so artistically and tactfully. Always stop, go, stand still....never falling off or running into each other!

(I forgot to take pictures...so here's one I stole off the internet.)

Following the game, we went back to our car to quiet the unfortunate discovery. The drivers side car window had been bashed in and Clynn's cell phone was stolen. =/ We weren't that bummed about the phone, and were happy the thief didn't look in the glove box where my phone was, the center console where my wallet was, or steal my birthday See's I had just gotten, haha. Luckily, Clynn had only had the phone a few days, so there wasn't any personal information on it that could be used against us. Mostly, we just felt sad that someone was that desperate...and decided not to park in down town Seattle at night any more...



Given the break in incident and a few events that followed (food poisoning...) we had a rough night...I messaged my Mom and Dad to let them know we wouldn't be able to make the drive over to bring Debbi home and stay for a visit. So instead, my parents decided they would come to us! :) 

They brought cake and ice cream, my adorable little cousin, presents, and lots of love. We played games, made jokes, enjoyed the sunshine, and relaxed the day away. I wish I had thought to take some photos while they were over, but I was too busy enjoying the moment to remember! 

Now, today, Monday, is my real Birthday. I am 23 years old!!! I have SO much to be grateful for. I usually get really sentimental about moving on from a previous year. Leaving the world where I will never be 22 years old again. But this time...I'm just excited. I feel loved and like life can only get better. I can't get over the season change to Spring and I am completely infatuated with opening all of my blinds as wide as possible, first thing every morning, to let in all the natural light. I am on a life high and I expect nothing will knock me down.
Now for some hubby and puppy filled birthday adventures!
Love,
The Wilkinsons





1 comment: