Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Three Years

May 7, 2014
Clynn and I have been married THREE years! 


I'd like to say it's all been lovely and a refreshing breeze in the park on a sunny day...


buuut it's been really hard. 
Our singles ward stake president actually warned us. He said, 
"Are you sure you don't want to put an end to this... 
because I can tell this relationship will not be easy for you guys." 

I'll bet not many other couples were told THAT!!! When I heard him say that...I was offended. Clynn was hurt too. We were hurt that he couldn't see that OF COURSE the love we had for each other would be worth every struggle.


However, I've grown to see his words as the most brag worthy defeatable challenge in my life. 


It's not always sunny. Sometimes it feels like you have nothing in common any more. Sometimes it feels like the time you spend apart is the best break in the world and the only opportunity to be you. Especially, when over 1/3 of your marriage has been spent in different states and even different countries.


Learning to band together, to walk boldly into the realms of adversity holding the had of the one you love, learning that every mountain will make you stronger...this is where the real butterflies happen. Those are the moments you look back on and realize you could have never done it alone.


I had a very pivotal moment in our relationship this year. One day, I was preparing to go out on a mission in Honduras. I had gotten back from another mission not long ago and knew that everywhere we went, we were followed by the Honduran Army who had us constantly surrounded protecting us from every angle with their weapons and trusted skill. Why? Because the potential for danger was obviously there.
So that day, packing to go on this mission, I decided to write a letter to Clynn. A letter I hope he NEVER reads. It was a letter, letting him know what to do if he ever had to live without me. I sat there and balled my eyes out as I pictured the things I needed to say and the way he would feel if he had to read this letter. I reached for every ounce of comfort and genuine love I could muster, stopping several times to pray that I was choosing the best words I was capable of for my Eternal Companion.

Write a letter like that....and you'll never want to part of your own free will. 


This family, right here, is tried and proven. We love each other no matter what. We forgive and forgive again. We make goals and strive onward hand in hand. 

Nothing will ever tear us apart, for we have been sealed by priesthood power in the 
Temple of our God for time and all Eternity.


THANK YOU
to all of our friends and family who have given us unbelievable levels of support, guidance, and advice in keeping (and sometimes regaining) the strength that helps bind us. 
You have been irreplaceable examples in our journey.

WE LOVE YOU

Mom & Dad
Mom & Dad
Kelsie & Mike
Nicole & Austin
Brothers & Sisters
Amy & Stew
 Pres. Duke & Kathy
Beverly & Mitchell
Kelly & Brent
Julie & Doug
Nate & Susan
Aunts & Uncles
Grandma & Grandpa 

    

Looking forward to many more years of adventure, defeated struggle, laughs, snuggles, compromise, mistakes, lessons, family growth, and 
a love like no other.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment