Monday, May 5, 2014

Up In The Air

Oh, boy have things been changing for us! We have a million up in the air goals we're shooting for, but you never can count on until they're in action.

Remembering not to count our chickens before they hatch...
but we're making goals.

Clynn is about to wrap up his second to last quarter at the UW!! Summer quarter will be his last, and OH, ARE WE EXCITED!! 

He is looking to pick up full or part time work Fall quarter, where he will begin completing his foreign language requirement one quarter at a time. (Three quarters of Spanish at a community college and then he will HAVE HIS BACHELORS in General Mathematics. Easy Peasy, but I'm sure it will drag out. =/ )


My last day with my nanny family will be May 14th because....
I am supposed to be going to Guatemala mid this month, but am still waiting on my official orders. I'll be gone for a few weeks, get back, have a little break, then head off to my Sergeant School (WLC) a couple weeks later and be gone for another few weeks. When I get back home, I'll have another two week field training and then be heading off to some kind of Military Job specific school where I will further my education in Environmental Health with the goal being to start a career in that field civilian side. 
(Most likely Water Sanitation)


I'm not super thrilled about it, but I am excited for a new path and a reliable career. :) Also, it will give me the ability to really be a crucial part of my community. I'm confident it will feel productive and meaningful. 

Why the new route?

As we were going about our lives some how all of our goals became separate. We were no longer working together and were merely each others little side cheer team, yelling from a distance. I suppose you could say we never quiet readjusted to me coming home from deployment. The support was nice...on both ends, but we were not viewing our relationship as a family in the making. We realized we needed to start working together more, and that we would get more and better things accomplished this way.

We are looking for some serious stability before starting our family and wanting to give Clynn the utmost opportunity to pursue his career as an Options Trader for Maverick Trading Co. In order for him to have a good chance at that, he will be needing a year or two to get it up and going strong.


WE BELIEVE IN TEAMWORK

Hope you enjoyed the update! 
Now sit back and watch as some of our plans unfold....
and some inevitably crash and burn. :)
Love, 
The Wilkinson's

No comments:

Post a Comment