Monday, June 9, 2014

Calfornia & My BFF

When I flew in from Guatemala, I had about a 20 hour layover in California. My longest and closest best friend from high school and her new husband were so nice to brave the California traffic so I didn't have to spend the night in the USO. :)

They picked me up at the airport around Noon!

About a year ago, they relocated to California to chase their dreams and start their own life together. (They have such a fun family blog here if you'd like to read more and be inspired to chase your own entrepreneurial endeavors or just dream about having a chick flick worthy romance. ;) <3) Whereas I am SO proud of them for their accomplishments, I have missed them EVERY DAY and am beyond grateful for modern technology and our ability to stay in pretty much constant contact.

I arrived thinking California was smothered with pollution, way too many people, and an endless supply of perfect bodies in thong bikinis. I am so happy to say they proved me wrong!! Fullerton, California is one of the prettiest cities I've ever visited in the U.S.

We did a little shopping, played with her pups, (I hadn't seen my own in 16/17 days so their cuddles held me over a while longer!) spent the afternoon on THE MOST AMAZING BEACH I had been to my whole life, went on a sushi date, (yes, I made a temporary exception to being vegan ;)) watched the Disney fireworks, went train spotting for my first time ever (SO COOL, one honked their horn (per request) RIGHT UNDERNEATH US!!! We all screamed like little girls...even Austin. hahaha) and just caught up. It was by far the most relaxing and fun vacation I had ever been on...even lasting less than 24 hours.

Our first view of the beach front 
as we were walking down the stairs. 
Can you believe all the space on a Saturday afternoon?! 
Apparently, you just have to know where to go. ;)



It was only barely chilly the first 
30 seconds and we were being babies.
The water was PERFECT.


Aren't these two THE CUTEST??!!

Trying to get a good couple 
photo with the waves crashing in! 

My Fav.

The waves were pretty strong here!

GORGEOUS

Yum!!

Next time, we'll watch from inside. ;)



This funny little guy 
was crawling across the front porch!

I HAVE to bring Clynn this summer!!! Stay posted, as I'm sure it won't be long. ;)
THANK YOU to the best hosts EVER;
Nicole & Austin Barkis
Love you guys!
Miss you guys!
<3 See you very soon. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment