Wednesday, October 29, 2014

24 Weeks

Last bumpdate before we reach the third trimester! 
It really is true what they say about the second trimester going by SO QUICKLY.

Sorry about the super dark unedited photo! =/
This was taken with my husband's old Evo...you know? 
The coolest phone on the market just three years ago?? lol 
My phone broke and a new one is IN THE MAIL!
Luckily, this time, Clynn gets an upgrade too.

How far along? 24 weeks today. Baby is the size of an ear of corn and has about a 50% chance of survival outside the womb with extensive care!
Bravo NICU device inventors and operators.
(about 12.5 inches and 1.25 lbs)
Current due date: February 18, 2015
Total weight gain: 9 lbs
Maternity clothes? Belly Belt & fold over (yoga pant style) leggings. I probably wear black fold over leggings four days a week now. They're just SOO comfy and cozy for fall and my growing belly. PLUS, I know when I buy them that I can still wear them after W is born!

(I just don't quiet look like this in them right now. hahaha)

Stretch marks? Nope. I rub Belly Balm and/or Lotion on my hips and belly about three times a day now that I can feel my skin starting to work hard to keep up.
Best moments of the past three weeks: FINALLY getting our insurance drama taken care of. (Long story...but it hasn't been fun.) We are so grateful for Clynn's new job being able to have us double covered before the baby gets here! Second, we can now WATCH the baby roll and kick and push pretty much all day by just looking at my belly. It was a little freaky at first, but I probably spend about an hour a day just watching him/her move. <3
Miss anything? Nothing really other than having our own place. Just two more months! Getting our debts taken care of pre baby will definitely be worth the temporary lack of personal space.
A big THANK YOU to my in laws for giving us the opportunity to get caught up. <3
Oh! Also, I miss my pre pregnancy complexion. =P
Movement: More than I ever thought was possible to feel. Sometimes it just gets distracting and ridiculous...I think I might be pregnant with the Tasmanian Devil. If it's a boy, I think I will nick name him Taz. Where as it's fun, I am looking forward to W gaining more weight and running out of 'wind up' room. haha

Food cravings: PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE!!!! Olive Garden has the most AMAZING pumpkin cheesecake and whereas we've only gone to get it once so far this season, I think about it pretty much every day. My sister in law, Emelia, made a DELICIOUS pumpkin cheesecake yesterday and brought some home to share. MMMMM Also, Stacy's Pretzel Thins w/ original flavored hummus, dinosaur chicken nuggets, and pineapple. Once in a while, I start to crave foods I had in Hondo. or Guatemala...but I am careful to shut those down real quickly without too much whining or wishing for a plane ticket... =/


Have you started to show yet? YEP! 
Gender: TO BE ANNOUNCED THANKSGIVING DAY!!!!! <3 <3 <3
Labor Signs: I came close to getting in a car accident a bit ago and am certain I felt a contraction as a result of my sudden and extreme onset of anxiety. Other than that, no real braxton hicks, I don't think. Sometimes, the baby will push his/her legs out in one area of my belly and just HOOOLDD that position like he/she is trying to make more room. haha. That's not comfortable at all and I use those moments to breathe and think of them as "mini practice contractions".
Belly Button in or out? Mostly in. 
Wedding rings on or off? On. 
Looking forward to: Paying off all of our non long term debts in the next few months! Announcing W's gender on Thanksgiving Day. Deciding on an apartment complex. My new phone coming in the mail. Aaand the next time I get pumpkin cheesecake! 

Clynn and I are SO SO excited to have W as a forever member of our family! We ask that extended family and friends be patient with us as we learn to share while staying within our rather private comfort zones. We love you all and have been so grateful for your concern and support. <3

With love,
The Wilkinson III Family

No comments:

Post a Comment