Monday, October 6, 2014

Update & A New Plan

Recent accomplishments:

Jaclynn:
1.) Promoted to the position of E-5, Sergeant. September 6, 2014 with about two months short of five years in service. I am now a non-commissioned officer with all kinds of new responsibilities I am learning to get the hang of! I watch out for 2-4 soldiers at a time and they've helped make my sergeant experiences, thus far, AWESOME. :) I hope I can make their lower enlisted experience even better than my own.


2.) Survived the first half of pregnancy! 
(21 week bumpdate this Wednesday!)

A pregnancy/labor prep mantra of mine <3

3.) Started the enrollment process for winter quarter at Green River Community College where Clynn received his AA degree. I'm hoping we can get matching ones! ;)



Clynn: 
1.) Promoted from "Magic Rules Advisor" to an official "Level 1 Judge"!!! This included a pretty rigorous test and a shadow judging at the Magic The Gathering Washington State Champion Tournament. It's mostly for fun, but he has studied hard and I'm so proud of him. ("Go big or go home" applies to being a nerd too!)


2.) Survived the first half of life with a pregnant wife. ;) <3

3.) Landed a SWEET job working at a window making warehouse. Full benefits, and lots of quick growth potential in the company.

The New Plan
As the military process continued to drag out, we soon realized that Clynn potentially missing the birth of our baby was becoming a reality. The options were revealing themselves as 1. Miss the birth or 2. Leave for 3-4 months VERY SOON after the baby is born. Obviously, we wanted to avoid both of those things. ONE DAY after this realization, Clynn was offered a job interview at a warehouse. The following week, he went, and landed the job no problem! This job buys us more time so we can make sure he doesn't leave until we're more comfortable and allows him to be here for the babies first sweet moments. As a result of the extended time allotment, he will be continuing his weight loss journey and has enough time to qualify for the Air Force weight requirements, so that's another option opening up to us as well. However, with my recent promotion, military life on my side is going very well and we agreed that only one of us would be in the military at a time and I'm coming up on the last year of my contract. If he enjoys the job at the warehouse and begins climbing the ladder and/or making significant progress with his Options Trading, we may just stay put a while and I may keep my job with the Army. We will see how things play out the next few months. :)
I will be starting school winter quarter and we have started apartment hunting already! We are hoping to save up more money and move into our new place around January 1, 2015. 

That's our update!
Love,
The Wilkinson's

No comments:

Post a Comment